RENTAL CRITERIA AND QUALIFYING PROCEDURES
ID: A valid state issued picture ID must be presented before viewing an apartment. In addition, a valid Social Security card or federal issued ID must be presented before an application is processed.
OCCUPANCY: The number of occupants must not exceed the following (+ 1 applies to the family status under Fair Housing Guidelines)
1 Bedroom --- 2 + 1 2 Bedroom --- 4 + 1
APPLICATION FEE: All applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age, unless protected under the familial status. The application fee is non-refundable. An application fee of $35.00 must be paid prior to the processing of the application, and a $150 non-refundable administrative fee will be charged before an apartment will be held. These must be paid in two separate money orders or checks. If you or any co-applicant is disapproved, we will refund all administrative fees within 30 days. Neither an application nor administration fee may be withdrawn by you or any co-applicant. If you or the co-applicant withdraws an application, we will be entitled to retain all administrative fees as liquidated damages. Upon receipt of all required information, your application will be processed within 3 working days.
INCOME: Applicants must have verifiable (by check stub or tax return) gross monthly income equal to 3 times the monthly rental rate. Senior Citizens may have 2-1/2 times the monthly rental rate. Income may be derived from employment or verifiable sources such as pensions, grants, social security, child support, and alimony. Alimony must be verified through the court system. Insufficient income for students will require additional deposits and or a co-signer. Co-signers must have verifiable gross monthly income of 3 times the monthly rental rate. Roommates must jointly qualify at 3 times the monthly rental rate.
CREDIT: There must be satisfactory verifiable credit references and minimal derogatory credit. This may exclude negative accounts older than 3 years and medical/student loans. All rental accounts must be in good standing with no balance owed and no evictions. Any bankruptcy must be closed. Derogatory credit may be grounds for declining an application or requiring an additional deposit.
RENTAL HISTORY: All rental references must be in good standing with no evictions or serious lease violations. Derogatory rental history may be grounds for denying the application or requiring additional deposits.
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY: Current employment and 12 months of employment history must be verified. Insufficient history may require additional deposit.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND: The criminal records of all household members over the age of 18 will be checked. A history of criminal activity may be grounds for denial of your application. Criminal history which indicates that an applicant poses a direct threat to the health or safety of our staff or other residents or a direct threat to the property may be grounds for denial. In making a determination we will follow the guidelines below.
1. Arrest records will not be considered.
2. Applicants will be denied if they have history of any criminal activity involving murder, attempted murder, sexual offenses, or the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance.
3. Applicants will be denied if 10 years or less have elapsed from the completion of a sentence for the following felony convictions:
4. Applicants will be denied if 7 years or less have elapsed from the completion of a sentence for the following felony convictions:
5. Applicants will be denied if 7 years or less have elapsed from the completion of a sentence for the following misdemeanor convictions:
6. Applicants will not be denied for convictions for bribery, fraud, embezzlement, theft by check, or moving violations, including driving while intoxicated or under the influence. Applicants convicted of financial crimes, such as those listed above will be required to make monthly rental payments in certified funds for at least 6 months.
7. Applicants on probation, parole, or serving deferred adjudication will be denied in accordance with the foregoing guidelines.
8. If you are denied for criminal activity, you may present written verifiable evidence of mitigating factors or rehabilitation for consideration.
ANIMALS: Management reserves the right to accept an animal (with the exception of handicap assistance animals). A $400.00 pet deposit is required of which $200.00 is NON-REFUNDABLE. The monthly pet rent is $10.00 per month. An animal is classified as a canine, feline, bird, or a fish. No other animals, reptiles, mammals, or aquatic animals are permitted. Any resident with a fish tank in excess of 10 gallons will be required to carry renters insurance, and a copy of the policy must be provided at the time of move-in. An animal addendum must be signed and a picture of the animal is required with documentation of current shot records and licensing (tag). No Pit Bull breeds or aggressive animals allowed. Management reserves the right to interview pets.
INSURANCE: Renter’s Insurance in the amount of $100,000 is required for the term of the lease and every renewal thereafter.
This community is committed to DRUG-FREE HOUSING. The Lease Agreement prohibits criminal activity, including drug related criminal activity on or near our premises.
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND FILL OUT YOUR APPLICATION THOROUGHLY TO INSURE TIMELY PROCESSING. PROCESSING CANNOT BEGIN UNTIL A COMPLETED APPLICATION IS RECEIVED.Acceptance of a lease application does not indicate approval for an apartment. All applications must be processed, verified, and approved by the Community Director. According to the Fair Housing Act, it is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, natural origin, or familial status.
Rivercrest promotes equal housing opportunity and choice for all prospective residents regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, disability, or marital or familial status.